October 30, 2011

Emma Watson (or her back at least) and a friend in the streets of Oxford



Little story that goes with it:

Now, for a pretty exciting part of my day trip to Oxford. I briefly mentioned this on my other blog, but here it is: I SAW EMMA WATSON IN THE FLESH! Yes, Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter films! It was so crazy that it happened because I jokingly posted a Facebook status that said I was heading to Oxford for the day and that maybe I’ll spot Emma Watson. I can’t believe it actually happened! As we were walking down Broad Street, Rikke spotted her and told us, and of course, I freaked out. I saw her back and I immediately took off to see if I could get a chance to talk to her. Emma popped into the Cath Kidston store and I pondered how I could go in and chat with her. Lots of people noticed her and were going into the store to get a glimpse of Emma. Finally, we just went in and up the stairs only to find that she was leaving with her friend. I totally internally freaked out as I passed her on the stairs. Of course, we didn’t follow her after that and I regret not chatting with her on the stairs. I know I could have kept my cool and I wouldn’t have seemed like a complete freak. Oh well… Can’t do anything about that now but at least I got to see her up close and in the flesh!
Source: Tumblr


Traduction Watsonuncensored :
Maintenant, une petite partie excitante de mon voyage à Oxford. J'y ai fait allusion brièvement dans mon autre blog, mais voici : J'AI VU EMMA WATSON EN CHAIR ET EN OS! Oui, Hermione Granger des films Harry Potter! C'était tellement dingue que ça soit arrivé parce que j'ai posté sur Facebook pour plaisanter que je partais pour Oxford pour la journée et que peut-être que je repèrerais Emma Watson. J'arrive pas à croire que ça se soit vraiment passé! Alors qu'on marchait dans Broad Street, Rikke l'a vue et nous l'a dit, et bien sûr, j'ai paniqué. Je l'ai vue de dos et je suis immédiatement partie pour voir si j'avais une chance de lui parler. Emma est rentrée dans le magasin Cath Kidston et j'ai réfléchi à comment je pourrais rentrer et lui parler. Beaucoup de gens l'ont repérée et sont rentrés dans le magasin pour apercevoir Emma. Finalement, on est juste rentré et on a monté les escaliers pour finalement voir qu'elle partait avec ses amis. J'ai totallement paniqué au fond de moi pendant qu'elle passait à côté de moi dans les escaliers. Je sais que j'aurais pu garder mon calme et j'aurais pas eu l'air d'une dingue. Je peux rien y faire maintenant mais au moins j'ai pu la voir de près et en chair et en os!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure most people would be less than bold enough to just walk up to her and start talking, especially since she's demonstrated an attitude that her fame can be an annoyance. That doesn't mean you should give up though. You never know when an opportunity may present itself.

Anonymous said...

Oof I would have never done that. I do believe I would have simply get a picture of her but not actually enter the shop only to talk to her. I don't know why. I believe these things disturbs her. Not being able to got in a little shop without getting people who follow her.

Don't mind me, maybe I have a lack of ambitions, but just actually see celebrities do my day (I went to a premiere once and there was Jay Baruchel and Colm Feore and just seeing him and have an eye contact was enough for me :P)

But go talking to them, that is awkwardly embarrassing. Like you know the person by heart but she have never even heard of you. Nop. just awkward. And having already been stalked by a complete stranger whil shopping (I'm not a celebrity or anything but I just already got stopped by a stranger who seemed to be my age who told me I looked nice and everything and wanted to tell me blablablablaa....) and it's really awkward. She must get with it because it's normal for her but still.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the exact same outfit she was wearing before when she had the books in her left arm and was giving a thumbs up.

Nicholas said...

is this new?

http://oi43.tinypic.com/257oznd.jpg

Eden said...

Nope. Didn't I post the scans? Will take a look. It comes from Elle :)

Marion said...

@ anonymous 14:00AM: That's what I like about Emma, you actually see her wearing quite a few clothes a couple of times...and yes it looks like the exact same outfit from the official picture where she gave a thumbs-up

Anonymous said...

I know your a fansite but was posting that picture needed? Emma posed for one picture at Oxford - surely that was enough? You should stop now with the Oxford pictures.

Anonymous said...

It is actually the same clothes... only the jeans are different. They are the ones she wore back in 2007 (I don't think she actually grew up much since then) at Kitson in LA.

lanakoh said...

omg you actually saw her!?! that's so exciting1 I'm so jealous haha.

@ 06:49 pm, if you don't support fansites, then don't come on them! simply as that.

Eden said...

Why several people seem to think that I met Emma? I put the link to the Tumblr of the person who did. It's just under the text, I thought it was quite clear.