May 01, 2012

Emma Watson to play herself in 'The End of The World'

The movie is also known as 'The Apocalypse' and 'Cataclysm'.
After several weeks of courting, "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson has agreed to play herself in Mandate Pictures' comedy "The Apocalypse," which will mark the directorial debuts of scribes Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. Watson had been skedded to shoot David Yates' adaptation of Emma Forrest's novel "Your Voice in My Head" this spring, but when Warner Bros. delayed the start of production a few weeks, she became available for "Apocalypse."

Rogen and his comedic cohorts James Franco, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride and Craig Robinson are set to play themselves in the pic, which finds them all stuck in Franco's Los Angeles apartment during the apocalypse.

Michael Cera is also expected to join the ensemble, pending his schedule, and producers are also seeking "Battleship" star Rihanna to play herself, though she has yet to sign on. The other female role is that of Franco's hipster-looking assistant.

James Weaver ("50/50") is producing "Apocalypse," while Mandate topper Nathan Kahane is exec producing with Nicole Brown and Jason Stone.

Watson is repped by WME.
Source: Variety

The movie is being filmed from April 25, 2012 to July 3, 2012 in New Orleans.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does this mean to Your Voice in my Head? Is she still filming the film this summer before she returns to university.

Anonymous said...

Is she in New orleans now?

Eden said...

Yes, she's filming Your Voice this summer.

As written on the left of the blog, Emma is in England.

Anonymous said...

But she is supposed to play in this Apocolypse film, which as you stated Eden- is filming form April 25 to July 3. YVimH is the film I am really looking forward to. Although I think it is swell that she is supporting younger directors and producers, who are just getting started in the film business. A classy, generous young woman.

Chris said...

I think that could be a fun little shoot for Emma and I find it pretty awesome that there are no characters in the film, everyone is playing themselves! This is probably just a smaller role.

Anonymous said...

she will probably shoot that in few days time and will then start with YVIMH

Anonymous said...

one college break results in 3 movies...WOW EMMA YOU ROCK.
emma is two things 1.CLASSY
2.FABULOUS

Anonymous said...

another movie.using a time turner lol

Chudo said...

"The Apocalypse" sounds nice =)
I like that she is trying to work in all sorts of films

Jonathan Andrew Sheen said...

Two things worth noting:

1: For those concerned about the time factor for this, all reports are that Emma's part in this movie is a cameo, so it's unlikely to be a terribly long or demanding shoot, nor greatly disrupt her schedule.

2: I bow to no-one in my admiration for Emma's classiness, but it's not like Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are dewey-eyed unknowns just getting their first breaks in show business. These guys are very successful screenwriters, with solid credentials behind them.

Tina with a D said...

I really hope this story is true. When I read this, I got really excited. Seth Rogan is hilarious, and I'm sure this film would be a riot.

Like it said on the Hollywood Reporter, they're going to have fun with the fact that some celebs live and some die. Why do I have a feeling that Emma will be one of those that die? Only because she's never died in a movie before.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like that Kim Kardashian disaster of a movie, "Disaster Movie."

Anonymous said...

I hope she get to meet Jay Baruchel! I love that guy, and he's from my city! :D
I've been looking forward to this film for a long time now ( Dan was rumored to play a cameo in it too but I'm really just interested in it because of Seth and Jay).
Since she plays a cameo she'll probably either die or disappear in the movie. That'll be interresting!

Anonymous said...

danel radcliffe said some time ago that he was not going to be in the film. Besides the Trio need to go different paths for awhile. Does anyone know the US film bonnie wright is in this summer?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know Dan's participation was just a rumour but he was linked to the project for a while. Maybe Eden could post the Short movie from which the Long Length movie will be based on? It's called Jay and Seth vs The Apocalypse. I hope Emma will have some fun filming that cameo part. with that bunch of actors I can't see how it could be anything other than a fun time filming such a strange movie.