April 25, 2015

Emma Watson almost walked off from her first Vogue photoshoot




Lucinda Chambers (Vogue fashion director) was at the Vogue Festival 2015 and talked again about how Emma almost walked off from her first shooting for Vogue magazine.
When it comes to styling celebrities, it's a different kettle of fish altogether. "I don't research them because I don't want to be intimidated by them." And, of course, things can always go wrong - let's return to that Emma Watson shoot. "We got off the Eurostar and it was about midnight and there was no luggage. But when things are really disastrous I don't panic. I had one dress. I said to Emma: 'The good news is we have Mario Testino and the bad news is we have no clothes.' She said: 'I've waited 10 years for this and walked off.'" So in typical Lucinda style, she grabbed what was close by and made her magic happen - some sunglasses from one person, a sweater from another. The rest is cover history.

She had already talked about it at the Vogue Festival 2013 and had said:
"The Eurostar train manager stole all the clothes… I had sunglasses on and one of the assistants had a hat on, which made up two shots… she said she’d been waiting for this moment for 10 years. Her whole attitude wasn’t happy, but I loved the shoot."

3 comments:

Thaïs said...

Hi, can someone post a link to a gallery where we can see the photoshoot ?

I've searched for the photoshoot but I don't find anything that matched : when I see a BTS video of the photoshoot here in picture with Mario Testino, honeslty you see a lot of dresses, accessories...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS1XKmIBCPQ

I don't know !

Thaïs said...

Oh it's ok I got it :
http://www.emmawatsondaily.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=455

I just couldn't find the pictures whith the hat and the sunglasses.

Eden said...

Exactly the link I was about to post :D