January 07, 2016

Emma Watson, and Our Shared Shelf are on Goodreads



Emma recently created the Our Shared Shelf feminist book club, and created an account on Goodreads for discussion.

Dear Readers,

As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too.

The plan is to select and read a book every month, then discuss the work during the month’s last week (to give everyone time to read it!). I will post some questions/quotes to get things started, but I would love for this to grow into an open discussion with and between you all. Whenever possible I hope to have the author, or another prominent voice on the subject, join the conversation. 
If you fancy it, please join up and participate. Everyone is welcome. I would be honoured!
Emma x

thanks a lot to chosebine

No comments: