November 01, 2010

Emma Watson on cover of Vogue



She was 17 or 18 when her father sat her down for the “money conversation”. Until then she had been living on an allowance of just £50 a week. “By the third or fourth film, the money was starting to get serious,” she said. “I had no idea. I felt sick, very emotional.”

The actress, 20, who was cast in Harry Potter at the age of nine, confessed to being “straight and boring” in an interview with the December issue of Vogue magazine.

She has barely touched her estimated £20 million fortune, for which she was named Hollywood’s highest paid female in Vanity Fair earlier this year. She chose instead to live in student digs while studying at Brown University in Rhode Island.

It is such stoic self control that led her to ban herself from reading the tabloids.

“There’s tons that’s not very nice and I’m very, very self critical, so it was like a drug for me,” she said.

Watson told how she decided to experiment with her new elfin hairdo after being released from her contract, which banned her from wearing heavy make-up or getting her ears pierced during the Harry Potter shooting schedule.

“For the nine years I was on Harry Potter I was contractually obliged not to cut my hair, not to tan,” she said.

“All the normal things girls so, I couldn’t. So when I got the chance to change my appearance, this is what I did.”

Watson also spoke of her close relationship with her family, particularly her father, Chris, who she admits is “up there on a pedestal” and admitted that despite her incredible success she still feels “paranoid” at the thought of competing with actresses who have had years of formal training.
Source: Telegraph

5 comments:

Emanuel said...

Aaaaaaaawwwwww..... And that's all I can say :)

Osoe said...

I can't wait to read the interview.

And £50 a week ? She must get way more free supplies than I imagined. It's reasonnable. But I would personnaly love to have that. Everything I got goes with the food and cigarettes.

I need to get a job. Je vis à Marseille, peut-être que je devrait tenter la figuration pour "plus belle la vie", huhu ^

Miiiss-Watson said...

Comme j'aimerais savoir tes sources Eden! Je n'ai trouvée ces photo en HQ nulle part ou en moins bonne qualité!

Je suis d'accord avec Osoe, c'est raisonnable!
Oh tu vis à Marseille? Moi aussi ^^

Eden said...

Elles étaient dans l'édition numérique de Asos mais je crois que quelqu'un les a misent sur Pottershots sans tags. J'en ai mis parce que je n'ai pas réussit à juste faire clique droit et enregistrer, j'ai dû faire 'imp écr' plusieurs fois et coller sur paint pour ensuite les rassembler sur photofiltre. Pas sûre d'être très claire XD

Osoe said...

Non, t parfaitement clair. J'habite près de St Charles. J'étudie à la fac là bas.