November 06, 2010

Emma Watson's interview + photoshoot for The Sun


HARRY Potter beauty Emma Watson yesterday opened her heart to The Sun about becoming a grown-up star - and declared: It's time I got more naughty.

The 20-year-old - Hermione Granger in the hit films - gave a rare interview after filming her emotional final scenes.
She told of her prim past, her dreams for the future and of how she plans to make the most of being a single girl.
Hollywood hotshot Emma said she is rarely asked on a date and added cheekily: "I wished I'd done more naughty things.
"Three months ago I cut my hair and at that moment I felt I became a woman. I'm ready to start taking risks."

Speaking ahead of next week's London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Emma went on: "I'm very romantic and of course I want to be in love.
"I've been in love once in my life, but it was complicated.
"I can't tell you who it was because it wouldn't be fair to any others. But I can say I've never had my heart broken.
"I like men with quick wit, good conversation and a great sense of humour. I love banter. I want a man to like me for me - I want him to be authentic.
"But men don't really ask me out. And I don't get marriage proposals any more either. It's not happening there!"
Between movies, Emma is studying for a history degree in the US. She said: "Both nations are attractive in different ways. In terms of men I fancy, I think the actor James Franco is gorgeous. But I find it odd to be described as a sex symbol myself. I mean - really? But of course it's flattering.
"At the moment I'm just happy to be single. I want to live life to the full. But I'm more grown up and confident now. I'm ready to take more risks. I feel less girlish than ever."
Emma was just nine when she was plucked from thousands of hopefuls to play Hogwarts swot Hermione in the film adaptations of JK Rowling's hugely successful books.
Six films and 11 years later she has a fortune estimated at £20million. But she refuses to rest on her laurels and attends Brown University, Rhode Island.

She explained she can "fly under the radar a bit more" than in Britain, adding: "My best friend at Brown has never seen a Harry Potter movie or read the books. And one guy I dated didn't know anything about the films, much less that I was one of the stars, which I found hilarious. Being at Brown has totally taken me out of my comfort zone. I'm so proud that I went to a different country to study and really spread my wings.

"Fun is something I've undervalued in the last ten years. I never made time for it. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have to learn to be good at having fun."
The move to America is reported to have helped end her two-year relationship with financier boyfriend Jay Barrymore. Emma was then linked to Spanish musician Rafael Cebrian and sparked rumours of a romance by appearing in a video with with singer George Craig from Brit indie band One Night Only.

But she said: "George and I were only ever friends. But he's fantastic. We went to Glastonbury. While I don't really drink, I'm always first on the dancefloor. I drag everyone up there."
The new movie is the seventh, with Part Two of the Deathly Hallows being screened next year.
Emma said that when filming ended she wept with co-stars Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry, and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).
She said: "Dan and Rupert have been there for me - but they are very different people. I can have a real gossip with Dan about everything while Rupert is quieter."
Paris-born Emma continued: "As far as the future goes, I want to keep acting. I love singing and so would love to do a musical. I want to travel and become fluent in French.
"I'm a pretty positive person. My phone is full of quotes that I love - like, 'Live every day to the full'."

Emma on:

... Harry Potter
"I HAVE played Hermione since I was nine. The last day of filming was the end of an era. Dan, Rupert and I put our arms around each other and broke down in floods of tears. It was so emotional. I've been trying to think of ways to commemorate the Potter years. I'm not going to get a tattoo or anything, but I'm putting together a photo album for everyone."

... Britain
"I AM studying at university in America. Being there is bitter-sweet. I love it, but I grew up here in England so I miss a lot. I miss M&S, Radio One, Capital Radio and Magic FM. I miss my family and friends and British accents - but definitely not the traffic."

... Future
"I REALLY want to write a novel. I also want to learn to play the mandolin. I have acting projects coming up and I'm in a fantastic position right now. I realise I'm a pretty lucky person and I'm determined to make the most of life - but also to take a few chances if I can."
Source: The Sun

2 comments:

Osoe said...

Oulà, ce genre de pose (pas très naturelle soit dit en passant), c'est pas le top quand on a une épilation des aisselles approximative.

Armpit !

Emma Radcliffe said...

Je la trouve très enjouée et libérée depuis la fin de "HP". Comme elle le dit, sa nouvelle coupe de cheveux a beaucoup joué. Même sur les photos, elle a l'air de plus se lâcher, je trouve.