February 04, 2015

Mentions of Emma Watson in the media [February 2 - 8, 2015]





  • Emma has been considered among the 500 most influential people in Britain, by Debrett's:




  • Emma is among the most inspirational women in the world according to polls by YouGov:



By country, Emma also appears among the most admired women in Great Britain, Singapore, and Sweden:





  • The music band Peace say to NME they were inspired by Emma's speech for He For She:

Peace have revealed that their new song 'I’m A Girl' from upcoming album 'Happy People' was inspired by actress Emma Watson’s "He For She" speech about gender equality.

In the new issue of NME, which is on newsstands now and available digitally, frontman Harry Koisser explains how he began thinking about gender stereotypes after he found himself unable to identify with modern lad culture.

"Once, I was waiting for someone on Digbeth High Street, wearing a fur coat," Koisser recalls. "Two Irish guys came up to me and were like, 'You’re a queer, come here and let me kick you in your balls.' So many things you can tell me to come here for and I will, but not that."

He adds: "I think 'I’m A Girl' is a bit regressive, though – I think I was thinking how I used to feel. Now I’ve just learnt to live with it."

  • Emma is the 2nd most powerful 24-year-old according to Hillsdale:

Most powerful: Jennifer Lawrence
Another powerful 24-year-old: Emma Watson has gone from Hermione at Hogwarts to speaker and champion of women's rights at the UN.

No comments: